Samuel Justin Schmidt - 03.27.2012

Samuel Schmidt has arrived!
March 27, 2012
5lbs. 5 oz
18 inches long



 but it has taken me almost 2 weeks to get out of the house where I have internet in order to report his safe arrival. And now that I am here I forgot my camera and the newborn pictures I just got last night, ugh, I thought forgetfullness ended with the pregnancy. :) Well lucky for me Stephanie, a good friend who took our newborns, has posted some of the pictures on her blog to hold us over until I get things together. Feel free to check them out along with her other photography. She did such a good job capturing our little boy. I can't thank her enough.

 http://stephanie-hyde-photography.blogspot.com/


I feel a little lost right now, leaving Sam with Justin at the apartment in order for me to be on campus. Not that Justin won't take great care of him, he's just my right hand man. We have great chats all day and when he sleeps I like to peek at him several times. One night recently Justin was telling me about his test, or his day and I kept looking off at our sleeping boy, enough that Justin felt a bit neglected -- or at least that he did not have my full attention. Oops -- we love our little man.

Justin has expressed several times how much fun it is to come home knowing he's got Samuel, his buddy, waiting for him.

Samuel has brought a beautiful spirit into our home. We enjoy every minute with him. We laugh at almost everything he does -- face making, holding our fingers, reaction to his bath, peeing on mom or dad, passing gas, burping, kicking, etc. What a joy he has been and we look forward to many more fun times to come.

We love you Samuel!


 Pictures taken - April 4, 2012 - One Week Old


Comments

  1. congratulations!! He is so precious! cant wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute!! I'm so glad all is well. Keep in touch girly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Engineering Lab vs. Hawaii

The Park - 11 month old fun

Happy Halloween