It's Friday night of Spring Break and we are sitting in the Engineering lab ...... Justin watching March Madness and me blogging. Some people may think it's a little on the boring side, but I have to say we are both quite enjoying ourselves. As Spring Break approached we were under the impression that we just might be welcoming our baby boy sooner than later. On March 6th, I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced..... the Dr said he could be here in 2-3 days or 2 weeks. Justin and I had a couple of sleepless nights after hearing this. Jumping at any sign of labor -- makes me laugh now. The days have passed by with few contractions and no real progress. I have to say my emotions have been all over. At times I so want to be done being pregnant and have this little boy in my arms and then the next minute I am soaking up the time Justin and I have left to easily (well 9 months pregnant easily) hop on the motorcycle for a ride up town. After reading, lear...
Justin had to go on his Cross Country trip for my birthday weekend but he still took good care of me and gave me a big wad of cash to go clothes shopping. (The fact that I had a break down after being embarrassed that I was still wearing clothes from middle school at a social might have ignited the idea) I can't believe I'm 25! Wow, time is flying so much faster. I am so blessed and am truly enjoying life - most days. :) I get down here and there, but who doesn't? I went to the Relief Society activity that night and came home to the dishes and laundry all done - which there was a lot of both, and a cake and decorations! Justin sang to me and we ate cake and ice cream together. I received two packages from loved ones which was exciting. Thanks mom, dad, Jake, and Grandma! I also received phone calls with the "Happy Birthday Song" I felt very loved!
On September 2 of this year we have officially been husband and wife for 2 years! Most of the time I think it has been a lot longer than two years - but in an extremely good way. After two years together I can't imagine life without Justin. I share everything with him and have even worked up to telling him all of my opinions, even those that I would have a hard time sharing with others. I think back on our wedding day - how much I thought I loved Justin then. This sounds so cliche, but our love has definitely deepened and gets that much better as we spend time and effort working at our marriage. Just like any relationship, a marriage takes work and with that effort our relationship gets that much better. This makes it sound like we never argue ha ha - we definitely have our disagreements and days we drive each other a little crazy but that's pretty rare. The rest of the time we enjoy being together. To help celebrate and remember our past two years, here is a list I came up wi...
Comments
Post a Comment