Christmas was so magical!

Magical because all our kiddos believe in Santa and because they felt the wonder and excitement that comes when you give a gift. Where Sam is already questioning and pretty good at figuring things out, we're afraid he might not make it to next year still believing -- oh how I sure hope he still believes.

The night before Christmas Eve (Sunday) we ran to Dollar General for our family exchange gifts. I helped Sam shop for Dad and Justin helped Nora shop for me. It was so fun. I loved that due to our great procrastination it was kept real simple.

Christmas Eve started with church and what a great way to begin the Christmas celebration focusing on the reason for the season.


We did take time to make some sugar cookies for Santa. Not a real great picture of the kiddos but it was fun. I love the notes Sam leaves for Santa. He drew a map for Santa this year.



We had naps and dinner and then settled down for our Christmas Eve together. We turned off all the lights except the Christmas lights. We sang songs and then Justin read Luke 2. After that we exchanged our family gifts. The kids were excited to watch the person receiving their gift open it - the real joy of Christmas -- giving. I absolutely loved seeing this. Sam got for Dad what Dad got for Sam, a remote control car, ha. I got Nora play dough toys and dolls and she got me some cute flowery shoes.   
 


I did a pee poor job capturing Christmas with pictures. We have more videos. But I don't think I could've captured the feelings we felt. It was simply perfect!

Christmas morning was exciting and fun but I have to say Christmas Eve was my personal favorite. Not a lot of pictures of Christmas morning either. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engineering Lab vs. Hawaii

Happy Halloween

The Park - 11 month old fun