Goal Accomplished!

This summer I really wanted to get some canning experience in. My mom taught me well while growing up that canning can be fun, but quite the project. Although, before wanting to do it on my own, I could care less about how the whole process works. All thanks to friends and family who let me tag along. I really did learn how to can and have food in my cupboards and freezer to prove it. The test came when my dad and I canned peaches and pears. This time I came with how the process should go. We did it, with only one shattered bottle -- ha ha. Thanks dad for the great day canning! Haven't tasted them yet, so I hope they turned out. :)

Start with the fresh fruit - Peaches and Pears for today!
Blanch and peel 


Core/pit and place in jars and add syrup



Process! - Dad had this down. We made quite the team!







It just feels good to have food that I helped produce in our cupboards! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engineering Lab vs. Hawaii

Happy Halloween

The Park - 11 month old fun