Think to Thank

What a wonderful time of year! At the beginning of November I told Justin that I was feeling quite grateful, which to be honest, in past years I often found myself feeling guilty closer to the actual Thanksgiving day because I had hardly given much thought to the holiday all month. It's interesting how pride can sure twist things. I forgot to be thankful for the next few days after that. I came back around, but didn't quite get this post up before Thanksgiving. As we enjoy our Friday after Thanksgiving I can't help but be so grateful for everything we have.Here a just a few things I want to specifically mention.

1.  I especially am grateful for the peace and joy that comes from the knowledge we have of the gospel of Jesus Christ! Who we are, where we came from and why we are here. Big changes along with unknowns are on the horizon for Justin, but because of the foundation we have in the gospel I can look forward with excitement and know that whatever happens, it will be okay. God is the one in charge, my job is to be as close as I can to Him and trust Him!

2. I am so grateful for Justin..... each day I look forward to the time I get to pick him up from campus for us to be together for the night, even if it is doing homework. :) As I lay down at night wrapped in his arms or when he is gone and I feel a little bit alone, I know that I have Justin forever! What another comfort -- that wouldn't be much of a comfort if he wasn't my best friend! I am so grateful for his example, hard work, and fun!

3. I cannot imagine life without family to gather with. Holidays are fun traditions, but the best thing about them is being with family. It doesn't matter where we are or what we do, just being together and feeling the love and support of family. The Barfuss and Schmidt families rock!! Thank you for your love, support, and fun! We look forward to starting our family soon ...:)

4. I am thankful for my freedoms this country allows me to have. I feel those freedoms have helped lead to so many of my blessings such as a warm apartment with many luxuries such as: toilet paper, running water, heater, comfy bed, couches, tv, computers, phones, carpet, etc. I am proud to be an American and pray that our leaders will continue to do what is best for our country. A BIG thank you to all who have fought to keep it free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engineering Lab vs. Hawaii

Happy Halloween

The Park - 11 month old fun